.

Bitcoin Blog a1

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Where should I put my Bitcoin for the fork?

As I mentioned in my last post, there is a possible hard fork in Bitcoin coming up on August 1st. So where should you keep your bitcoin during this fork? Coinbase and many, if not most, exchanges will not honor btcc or bcc or alternative chains. Well, not btcpop they believe the market will determine the best chain and they will credit their users with bcc. Some other services like Xapo are doing something similar. However, due to their invasive privacy questions, I can’t recommend them.

It seems people have caught onto this trend as there is a huge shorting demand for Bitcoin right now on Polo. Polo has margin trading where you can sell bitcoin you don’t own or, more likely in this case, hold it in your wallet during the fork and get BTC and BCC.


I also have two small things I discovered this week. One is a new exchange opening up that is offering tokens to new users, check them out here.

And the other is a game where you can earn dogecoin. Despite my best efforts, I wasn’t able to actually earn any dogecoin… Other players kept eating me and taking it. So it's an interesting idea and game, maybe check it out. It's a bit like a mutliplayer pac-man.

No comments:

Post a Comment